To improve patient care by:
- Providing additional education and training for dermatology physician assistants, and to
- Provide optimal utilization of physician time.
- To establish and maintain a representative organization and forum for physician assistants who are employed in or have an interest in the practice of dermatology and to gather and disseminate information related to important issues affecting our practice;
- To act as a liaison to the American Academy of Dermatology;
- Identify needs of dermatology physician assistants;
- Educate the medical community and the public about PAs in dermatology;
- Attract qualified individuals to pursue the field of physician assistants;
- Establish a writer’s bureau for PA magazines;
- To make CME recommendations to the AAPA for CME of dermatology PA’s as well as primary care PAs, and to provide lecturers.
- Identify all PAs who specialize in dermatology and provide a centralized resource for physicians wanting information about dermatology PAs, and job search assistance for both MDs and PAs;
- To promote and assist training of PAs and PA students in dermatologic fields;
- To serve as a scientific, research and educational resource for the AAPA Caduceus Caucus;
- Devise a standardized approach to credentialing and defining the appropriate scope of the practice of dermatology PAs.